1. Are your staff qualified?
Yes. All Lollipop staff are qualified.
2. Do I need a deposit to secure the booking?
Yes, all bookings require a non-refundable £20 deposit before the appointment is secure. You will not be entitled to a refund if you cancel or amend a booking.
3. How can I prepare for my 3D/4D baby scan?
Drink plenty of water before coming for your baby scan. It can help to make the ambiotic fluid clearer. Also if it's early in your pregnancy the fuller your bladder the better the ultrasound images we can obtain. It is suggested that perhaps having a snack or fruit juice an hour prior to the scan may make the baby a little more active. It is advisable to wear loose, comfortable clothing. There are no other specific things you need to do to prepare, simply relax and enjoy your experience!
4. What is the difference between a 3D and a 4D baby scan?
A 3D baby scans produces three dimensional images of your baby. The fourth dimension is time and so a 4D scan is simply a moving video of the 3D scan. After your scan with Lollipop 4D Baby Scans you will be able to purchase a disc /USB of your images or a DVD of the video.
5. When is the best time to have a 3D/4D baby scan?
Generally between week 24 and week 30 of your pregnancy your baby will have room to move and we will be able to obtain great results. However a scan can be carried out at any stage of your pregnancy and it is possible to obtain fantastic results at different stages of pregnancy. You will be advised when booking if you are over 31 weeks you may not be offered a rescan and will not receive a refund if we cannot get any images of baby.
6. Do you have toilets?
Yes we have toilets on site, you don't need to worry about drinking too much water!
7. Is it necessary to book an appointment?
Yes it is essential to book an appointment.
8. How many people can I bring?
We don't have a limit on the number of people you can bring with you as long as it is within reason.
9. How long will my appointment be?
You should give yourself about 30minutes for your appointment. A bonding scan will last between 10-12 minutes depending on baby's position. If they are in a bad position, we may ask you to go for a walk, if this doesn't move baby we will ask you back for one totally free rescan at later date. Please note rescans may not be on the same day of the week as your first scan.
10. What can affect my scan?
There are several elements which can affect the quality of your images, amongst others they are BMI, position of baby and position of placenta. These are outside of Lollipop Baby Scans' control.
11. What if you cannot get images due to factors which are out of Lollipop's control i.e. high BMI, engaged baby, position of placenta?
As you pay for the time and expertise of our staff, there will be no refunds offered if we cannot get any images. If you come between 24 and 30 weeks you will be offered one rescan. If you come at 31 weeks or later, you will not be offered a rescan.
12. Are children allowed?
Yes children are wecome.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. You will need to complete a form before the scan.
2.All appointments will end at their scheduled time so that the next woman isnt delayed.
3. Should you wish to rearrange or cancel your appointment please give us as much notice as possible. Deposits are non refundable.
4. We accept cash and card (VISA and Mastercard) payments.
5. No filming or photography is allowed in the scan room unless a DVD package is purchased.
6. All bookings are subject to a £10 deposit.
7.Should you have any queries at all our friendly staff are only a phone call away 0161 669 5842.